An intranet is a restricted computer network an organization or company can use internally. How are they being used in public schools, private institutions and higher education? Imagine one central location where you can inform your entire faculty and staff of important news and events with just a few clicks of a mouse. That’s the purpose of a school intranet.
A school intranet can do so much more than organize your school’s student’s, data, and documents. The true value of the intranet in educational establishments is its ability to provide a service which staff enjoy using because it enhances their day-to-day life and energizes the workplace.
A school intranet provides you with one location for sharing things like:
- Upcoming events, schedules, and calendars
- Professional development opportunities
- School board information
- Human resources information
- Department news, forms, and downloads
- Links to off-site resources
- Internal job postings
- Salary schedules and benefit info
- Employee kudos and thanks
- Links to public facing school websites
- Links to reference websites or school web pages and calendars
Having your own school intranet means that all of your online communication happens in one secure location.
Teachers, Administrators & Staff members each receive secure log-ins and passwords, and everyone saves time, money, and hassle. Your school intranet provides a central location, accessible even from off school grounds, that will:
- Improve internal communication, building unity and trust
- Simplify tasks, reduce repetition, save time
- Create one central, convenient location for staff contact info, absence reporting, leave requests, etc.
- Promote inter-departmental collaboration
- Organize all commonly used resources, documents, and links in one location
- Help create a “project sharing” environment
A Secure Platform For Your School That Meets Regulations
Theres no need to worry about making sure your school meets state and federal regulations. The right school intranet will also provide total security of your important records while maintaining the integrity of confidential student records. It could help ensure your school complies with DoD 5015.2, FERPA, HIPAA and CIPA regulations. Many will grant you the ability to apply document-level security to maintain different levels of access for each type of document within a personnel or student file.
Interested in learning how you can build a customized intranet solution for your school?
Since 2005, we here at Code A Site has been delivering intranet development solutions and on-going support and maintenance for small to medium businesses, schools and other organizations. As a certified Microsoft Partner, we specialize in Office 365 and SharePoint implementations and customization.
Give us a call at 877.228.0901 or contact us today to view a demo of our school intranet software, and see how it can help increase productivity and save time and money.